Happy New Year’s, friends. Are we all ready to put a cap on 2017?
On the upside, I have officially finished my first year of Yoga Therapist training. I am a 500 hour certified yoga teacher now, and halfway through my therapy program. I have been learning a lot. Through the wonderful students in my classes who are willing to try nearly anything, I have been able to make theory into practice, and see how things work on real bodies in real time.
I’ve been seeing a lot of clients, and getting the chance to delve in deeper, listening not just to what someone is saying, but what they aren’t saying (which of course, is a super librarian skill too. It’s so nice when worlds collide).
If you are hankering for a resolution, and haven’t come up with one yet, here are some suggestions.
- Eat at least one full serving of vegetables every day, if you don’t eat any now. Having grown up with a very vegetable adverse family, I learned how to cook, eat and enjoy all sorts (except for peppers and onions, yuck) through challenging myself in this way. Getting a good vegetable cookbook helps.
- Cook one new recipe a week, any type. Desserts, appetizers, and barbeque all count.
- Read at least three classics this year, that have been sitting on your bookshelf languishing.
- Start tongue-scraping daily. It makes a difference!
- Write down one line in a daily journal to document your year.
If you are a person who is recommitting to or learning to love your body, the estimable Amber Karnes has a group going called The Body Positive Rebellion. It’s free, with a nice online community.
2 thoughts on “Happy New Year’s 2018!”
Congratulations on your 500 hours!